Friday, January 15, 2010

Marathon multiples?

I've spent the last 2 hours looking up marathons near LA that I can travel to for relatively easy. My main goal right now is obviously just getting to the LA Marathon in March. But I've also got other goals in mind for this year. Inspired by reading about The Chic Runner's quest to become a marathon maniac, I've decided I want to embark on my own journey towards becoming a maniac as well this year. I've only dreamed of this before but never sat down and given it serious thought 'til now. I also know somebody else who is running 13 marathons in 13 months! Amazing!

So I've been thinking, why the hell not? I'm already itching to race again after this half marathon last Sunday. I need something to look forward to after I run LA. So why not go for a marathon in April and one in May in order to complete the lowest requirement (3 marathons in 3 months) for the marathon maniacs!

With all the crap that got me down in 2009, why not make 2010 the ultimate running year ever! I honestly think running is the only thing that will get me through this year.

Anyway, tonight I went through and looked up races that I could run this year. I'd love to run Big Sur but it's already sold out :(

Okay...I'm obviously crazy even thinking about this right now but I'm just putting it out there. I think writing my goals down and sharing them with the world helps me remain focused on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment